Monday, November 22, 2010
I know this girl....
I know this girl. I call her my daughter. What I feel for her is the absolute meaning of true, pure love. I have loved many things in my life....my family, friends, and of course my husband, but nothing like this. To watch her grow and learn and play and laugh and smile....there really is no way to truly describe it. To see the bits and pieces of myself and Brad in her puts a smile on my face. But then there are those moments when her own little personality starts shining through...I just beam with pride! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't look at her and thank our good Lord above for blessing me with her. I make a point everyday to tell her how much I love her. I don't ever want a day to go by where she doesn't know how much she means to me. And now she is getting to that age where she is beginning to express her feelings. She will come out and tell me she loves me out of the blue, without me telling her first. Those moments are the sweetest. Or, when I come home at the end of the day after work, and she tells me "Mommy, I'm glad you came back from work." I hope she knows how completely happy coming home to her face everyday makes me. It's tough being a working mom, but it makes moments like those that much better, and I appreciate them that much more. She is my heart!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment