Ahhhh, what a great weekend! Nothing I love more than spending time with my family. We got to venture out to Sky Top Orchard yesterday. Turns out we weren't the only ones with that great idea! The parking lots were all packed. But who could blame anyone for going? It was such a beautiful Saturday. The sky was nothing but blue, and the temperture was perfect. We got to enjoy this time with Brad's parents too. Trinity loves her Mimi and Papaw so much, and they love her as much as humanly possible. We probably walked a couple miles wandering all over that orchard. We took a break to enjoy their fresh baked apple cider donuts (which you have to try, and I would know, I have eaten 5 of them in the past two days!) We sipped on fresh apple cider, then took a ride on a big wagon pulled by a tractor (which was a little scary, it felt like that thing could have fallen apart at any moment.) I'd love to go back, maybe on a weekday sometime, so it isn't quite as crowded.
Then last night we got to visit with one of Brad's old friends, his parents, and his son. Trinity was in heaven. She got to play with a cute boy, who had all kinds of toy story toys. They both toted around either Buzz or Woody all night long. I got to try a great new beer, that I decided I really like. Would have been nice to have more than one, but being as I'm so responsible, I stopped. After all, I did have to drive home.
Today hasn't been very eventful, but after such a fun-filled day yesterday, the relaxing is wecomed (although grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning aren't exactly my idea of relaxation time, but I'll take it.) Trinity occupied herself mostly all morning, which allowed me to actually get some stuff done for once. I made some chili, and baked some jalepeno spinach dip (which I have since eaten half of). I'm now getting a few moments to myself. Brad is at a friends watching the Panthers play (and maybe get their first win? Crap, probably just jinxed them.) Trinity is napping. She actually has put herself to sleep at naptime yesterday and today. I tried to lay with her, but she kicked me out. That's a big step for us. Usually she doesn't go to sleep unless I am in bed right beside her. Guess the next step will be sleeping in her own bed all night, and going to sleep without me. Baby steps for now though. I know soon enough she will barely want me in her room, let alone sleeping in her bed. So for now, I'll just cherish the time I get to cuddle with her. Listen to her breathe,staring at her sweet angel face.
Life is good...................
No comments:
Post a Comment