Thursday, October 14, 2010

Is It Friday Yet

Ok, so a momentary lapse.  I'm allowed to have one every now again. After all, this being positive all the time crap is enough to wear this negative Nessie out! I know, I know, it's only been two posts, but it's been a very draining week. Between work, and stress, and bills, and dishes, and laundry, and Trinity not sleeping in her own bed all night, and Shnoogins licking himself and shaking his damn fur off in the middle of the night, I've ended up a little tired and irritable this week. So, time to vent a little.

I had a customer at work today. He needs proof of insurance on a vehicle that wasn't listed on his policy at the time he needs to show coverage for it. I try to ever-so-nicely tell him I can't give him what he needs. Then, not-so-nicely, he tells me that my insurance company can F*#k off and he's taking his business elsewhere. Did he really think this was going to make me want to go out of my way to help him? Where is it written that when you don't get what you want you have the right to be a complete asshole? I mean, come on, you think telling me you are taking your business elsewhere after acting like that is going to make me sad? Get a life!!

And the whole, Trinity-not-sleeping-in-her-own-bed thing is about to wear me out. I love my child more than anything else in this world. I would do everything and anything for her, but I am so drained from the whole ordeal. I know I should have nipped this habit in the butt a long time ago. Back before she could walk, or before she was out of her crib. But when she was smaller, it didn't seem like a big deal. She barely moved when she slept, and she didn't take up a whole lot of space. Now it's a head in the middle of my back, or an elbow in my side. On one occasion she managed to get her foot down the back of my pajama bottoms. Needless to say that one woke me right up. I'm almost to the point of putting a padlock on the outside of her door and locking it until I'm ready to get up in the morning. Of course, I am a total pushover and I can't stand to hear Trinity crying for more than a few minutes. Someday maybe I'll grow a pair and stand up to my two and a half year old.

And does anyone know a house cleaning fairy? Brad tries, I know he does. But men are not multitaskers. If he has Trinity at home, that is all he can do. Watch Trinity. No time for cleaning the house. He will do the occasional load of laundy or dish, but that's about the extent of it. And let me tell you, I just don't have the energy nor the time to clean the house on my limited time away from my full time job. So, if anyone needs to do a good deed in the near future, I have a house that is crying out for help!

Ok, that's my venting session for this week. I'll try to get back to positive tomorrow. Unless of course another person decides to tell me to F off over their own stupidity.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Ness. . . . .I'm no fairy, but Gayle would tell you I'm a helluva housecleaner! When do I start, and what does it pay? If we're able to put our trip together in the Spring, perhaps we can give you some relief. In the meantime, loved the raw honesty in your blog, but trust us, it does get better (how soon will Trinity be off to college?!). Much love. . . . .Dad & Gayle

    ReplyDelete